External Relations raises funds and builds partnerships to support faculty, students and programs at UC Merced develops programs and initiatives that enhance the visibility of UC Merced with government, community, business, industry and opinion leaders through strategic communications, public outreach and visibility strategies.
- Alumni Relations fosters and strengthens connections between our alumni and UC Merced, acting as a conduit for the exchange of ideas and information to aid in the university's advancement.
- Government and Community Relations serves as the university’s lead advocate with public officials and community and business leaders to advance strategic university goals.
- Marketing manages UC Merced’s brand identity across a variety of media. We collaborate with our academic and administrative colleagues to produce creative content that best tells our story to the world, and we provide a number of services to the campus community, including photography, videography, web, print and visual design.
- Philanthropy and Strategic Partnerships creates and maintains strong relationships with campus partners including individuals, corporations and foundations to raise philanthropic support for UC Merced students, faculty and programs.
- Protocol and Signature Events provides strategic guidance, event management and protocol services for high level, university-wide events.
- Public Relations works with local, regional, national and international media outlets to generate coverage of UC Merced's cutting-edge research, distinct academic offerings and student successes.