External Relations develops programs and initiatives that enhance the visibility of UC Merced with government, community, business, industry and opinion leaders through strategic communications, public outreach and visibility strategies.
- Alumni Relations fosters and strengthens connections between our alumni and UC Merced, acting as a conduit for the exchange of ideas and information to aid in the university's advancement.
- Government and Community Relations serves as the university’s lead advocate with public officials and community and business leaders to advance strategic university goals.
- Philanthropy and Strategic Partnerships creates and maintains strong relationships with campus partners including individuals, corporations and foundations to raise philanthropic support for UC Merced students, faculty and programs.
- Protocol and Special Events provides strategic guidance, event management and protocol services for high level, university-wide events.
- Public Relations works with local, regional, national and international media outlets to generate coverage of UC Merced's cutting-edge research, distinct academic offerings and student successes.